|Answers to the world's simplest quiz
1. How long did the Hundred Years War last?
116 years, from 1337-1453
2. In what country were Panama hats first made?
Ecuador, they were distributed from Panama
3. Where did the game of Chinese Checkers originate?
Sweden, from an English game called Halma
4. Where was the Battle of Bunker Hill fought?
Breed's Hill, next to Bunker Hill in Boston
5. The Canary islands are named for what animal?
Wild dogs, named after the Latin Canariae insulae (Island of the dogs)
6. What kind of musical instrument is the English horn, and where was it invented?
Oboe, first developed in Vienna and later refined by the French
7. Where was the Woodstock Festival held?
Bethel, New York, about 45 miles from Woodstock
8. From what animal does the catgut used to string tennis rackets come?
9. What are camel's hair brushes made of?
Tails of squirrels
10. Where were Venetian blinds invented?
11. How many gallons does a 10-gallon hat hold?
About 3/4 of a gallon, the Spanish word galon is a braid used to decorate hats
12. In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
November 7th, Russia's calendar was 13 days behind
13. What was King George's first name ?
Albert, but Queen Victoria had decreed that no future king should be called Albert
14. What color is a purple finch?
15. In what season of the year does Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream take place?
Spring, April 29-May 1
16. How long did the Thirty Years War last?
30 years, of course, from 1618 to 1648